Workshops & Classes offered in
Lisbon, Berlin & New York City
!!! Enrolling NOW !!!
Film Acting Workshops
SOLD OUT - December 4th, LISBON,
SOLD OUT - December 5th, LISBON, Portugal
Sorry POSTPONED (see you hopefully during Berlinale) December 11th, BERLIN, Germany
What time: 11:00 to 19:00
6-Hours of “On Camera” intensive training & monologue filming
(with a 2-hour meal/rehearsal break)
Who is invited: EXPERIENCED Actors - NEW Actors - Film DIRECTORS. Everyone can benefit from Ms. Chappelle’s personalized coaching and film industry insights.
R. Goncalves Crespo 54,
1150-186 Lisboa, Portugal
Studienberatung Koordination Film & Medien
berliner schule für schauspiel
Boxhagener Str. 18
Workshop Format and Timeline:
In advance, Actors prepare a 2-minute MONOLOGUE (memorized please), it can be comic or dramatic, from a film script or a play. This monologue is an important focal point of 6-Hour workshop.
- Open discussion regarding the differences between STAGE and FILM acting.
- Developing your acting or directing career in this new, unlimited international film, TV and streaming market place.
- What Casting Directors look for from Actors during AUDITIONS.
- What Directors need from actors on SET.
- Actors warm-up their BODIES (stretching & movement)
- Actors warm-up the MINDS with improvisation games
Hours #2 & #3:
- Each Actor performs their 2-minute monologue ON CAMERA.
- Ms. Chappelle evaluates each Actor’s skills and gives individualized guidance on how to refine the monologue.
- The monologues are performed again as CONFIDENCE builds and the performance becomes CAMERA READY.
- Before the meal/rehearsal break, Actors are assigned a scene partner and a scene from a movie script to rehearse during the break .
(2-hour meal/rehearsal break)
Hours #4 & #5:
- The assigned scenes are rehearsed and performed ON CAMERA.
- Ms. Chappelle directs the scenes and coaches each Actor toward an “authentic” and "honest' performance, which is also CAMERA SMART.
- The Actor’s monologue are filmed again, using the "tricks-of-the-trade" learned during the workshop and with new found confidence ON CAMERA.
EVERYONE receives a COPY of their final MONOLOGUE taping, sent via DROPBOX
Both LISBON WORKSHOPS are SOLD OUT - to be on the waiting list
VISIT the CONTACT PAGE. THANK YOU